[ 0.98 ]|
[ 0.97 ]
[ 0.52 ]
[ 0.51 ]
[ 0.50 ]
[ 0.49 ]
[ 0.48 ]
[ 0.47 ]
[ 0.46 ]
[ 0.45 ]
[ 0.44 ]
[ 0.43 ]
[ 0.42 ]
[ 0.41 ]
[ 0.40 ]
[ 0.39 ]
[ 0.38 ]
[ 0.37 ]
[ 0.36 ]
[ 0.35 ]
[ 0.34 ]
[ 0.33 ]
[ 0.32 ]
[ 0.31 ]
[ 0.30 ]
[ 0.29 ]
[ 0.28 ]
[ 0.27 ]
[ 0.26 ]
[ 0.25 ]
[ 0.24 ]
[ 0.23 ]
[ 0.22 ]
[ 0.21 ]
[ 0.20 ]
0.97.13 - [unstable branch] - Sat Aug 5 2006, joern
- Updated French translation from Christophe Combelles.
- Updated German translation.
- Initial preferences setup:
- Show additional message with some notes on intial setup
- Select first DVD device by default (if HAL is present)
- Default language setting is derived from user's locale
- Default dvd::rip data directores is set to $HOME/dvdrip-data
- Added a "Create directory" button besides the corresponding entries
- Rearanged pages, so most important settings are on the first page.
- dvd::rip missed creating the tmp/backup.rip file. Thanks
for the report to Ben Lancaster <lists AT benlancaster.co.uk>
- Chapter transcoding didn't work. Thanks for reporting this one
to Daniel <komet AT stolzesherz.de> and Robert Tell
<robert.tell AT gmx.net>
- Fix thumbnail generation with older ImageMagick. Thanks for
the patch to Kevin Pulo <kev AT pulo.com.au>.
- Grey out subtitle language selection box on the "Rip" page
for titles without subtitles.
- Test results in the Preferences dialog was not colored
correctly in non-englisch environments.
0.97.12 - [unstable branch] - Sat Jul 2 2006, joern
- New (optional) dependency: dvd::rip now uses HAL for DVD
- Gtk2::Ex::FormFactory 0.65 is required, which fixes a
serious 0.64 bug.
- Dropped 'DVD image' ripping mode, but added a more generic
approach of DVD input selection as a replacement. This
way you can 'rip' from a DVD image e.g. to fulfill cluster
mode requirements without hacking the DVD device preference
anymore. Suggested by Stefan Ollermann <Stefan.Ollermann AT gmx.de>.
- Added DVD device scanning using HAL. This is optional, you
can always select the DVD device file directly.
- French splash screen and generally updated splash screen
design by Christophe Combelles.
- Updated italian translation by Fabio Russo.
- Message finetuning, added more tooltips, updated German
- Removed all preference settings and dependencies for
CD burning, since this module doesn't exist anymore.
- Fixed minor free diskspace calculation bugs.
0.97.11 - [unstable branch] - Sat Jun 17 2006, joern
- libintl-perl resp. Locale::TextDomain 1.16 is required
- Gtk2::Ex::FormFactory 0.64 is required
- Event::ExecFlow 0.62 is required
- Filters & Preview finally ported to 0.97.x Gtk2 branch.
Please note that transcode 1.0.2 has a bug which breaks
most filters in the preview window :(
This tar.gz ships a patch which fixes this issue:
- Removed utf-8 l10n workaround which isn't necessary with
libintl-perl 1.16 anymore.
- Added new preference setting for default subtitle grabbing
mode. Feature request by Christian Marillat.
- Added a hint to the subtitle grabbing radio boxes tooltips
that subtitle grabbing may slowdown ripping process.
- Added support for transcode 1.1.x development branch, but
this is highly experimental.
- Updated German translation and optimized some messages
for GUI space. Now the German GUI isn't much wider than
- Job execution: some errors could left the GUI in an
- Applied a patch from Eric Festinger <eric.festinger AT
gmail.com> which makes changing color index B work again.
- NPTL workaround option is disabled, if workaround is not
possible for the running architecture (e.g. amd64).
- Filter color mode check now ignores pure audio filters.
- Message dialogs are not attached to the main GUI window
anymore, which was confusing for dialogs opened from
- Added a workaround for a strange Data::Dumper bug on
some platforms (fixes 29,576 <-> 29.576 frame rate issue).
0.97.10 - [unstable branch] - Mon Apr 24 2006, joern
- Updated spanish translation (and a spanish splash screen ;).
Thanks to Sergio Cambra.
- Preview grabbing didn't work due to a broken (and untested,
my bad) fix in 0.97.9.
0.97.9 - [unstable branch] - Sun Apr 23 2006, joern
- Gtk2::Ex::FormFactory 0.63 is required for this release.
It fixes a bug with with dvd::rip's Preference dialog.
Thanks for the report to Niki Kovacs <contact AT kikinovak.net>.
- Volume scanning didn't work anymore, thanks for the report
to Alexander Skwar.
- dvdrip-master didn't start, still used a factored out
module. Thanks for report & fix to Andreas Vinsander
<andreas AT vinsander.se>
- Under some circumstances preview grabbing didn't work due
to missing default values for width/height settings.
Thanks for the report to Christian Marillat.
0.97.8 - [unstable branch] - Mon Apr 10 2006, joern
- Gtk2::Ex::FormFactory 0.62 is required for this release.
It fixes a nasty bug with recent libgtk2 versions.
Thanks for debugging assistance to Alex Petkov
<alexandphyllis AT excite.com>.
- Support AC3 passthrough for on-the-fly and dvd image
encoding as well, by doing an extra audio bitrate probe
once AC3 codec is selected on the Transcode tab.
- Fixed a divison-by-zero condition in bitrate calculation
module, thanks for the pointer to Dhek Bhun Kho <bhun.kho
- Subtitle preview didn't work in 0.97.7 due to a missing
module. Thanks for the report to Rafael Kolless <rafael AT
0.97.7 - [unstable branch] - Sun Apr 2 2006, joern
- dvd::rip now depends on a new Perl module: Event::ExecFlow
version 0.61. You can get it from CPAN or better from the
exit1.org homepage: http://www.exit1.org/Event-ExecFlow/
- Event::ExecFlow itself needs the AnyEvent module, which is
available from CPAN:
- Gtk2::Ex::FormFactory needs to be at least version 0.61
- Event::RPC needs to be at least version 0.89
- Refactored out the internal command execution engine to
Event::ExecFlow introducing some interesting new features.
- New graphical progress window showing all
jobs of the current task in a nice hierarchical
treeview. Just hit on the magnifying glass symbol
besides the progress bar
- Pausing/resuming the running job by one click
- Extensive rewrite of the cluster mode using the new
execution engine and progress widget which visualizes
the tree structure of cluster jobs much butter than the
old cluster job display.
- More cluster features are:
- Allow cluster encoding without audio
- You can specify a speed index for each cluster node.
- Faster machines will be preferred.
- vobsub file generation added
- dvdrip-master now does a clean shutdown on signals.
- Cluster window now has it's own menu bar with menu items
- Connect/Disconnect the cluster master daemon from here.
- Dropped "DVD mount dir" preference, because dvd::rip now
determines the mount point of your DVD device automatically.
Thanks for the suggestion to Dario Castellarin <dacstp AT
- Generating preview images doesn't block the GUI anymore.
- Improved Clip & Zoom clipping windows: added text entries
for clipping values and meaningful warnings when values
aren't even or not divisible by 16, which is required
for transcodes internal processing and/or most video codecs.
- Make "ffmpeg/af6 codec" field a combo box with presets
for ffmpeg "mpeg4" and "h264" codecs.
- A new nicer splash image including a Gnome compliant
About dialog, with credits for the translators.
- Updated Italian translation, thanks to Fabio Russo.
- Updated German translation.
- Added icons to the project's notebook tabs
- Preview frame grabbing failed for multi-PSU titles when
the frame number goes beyond the first PSU. This fix
should make the "use slow grabbing" checkbox mostly
useless. It's still there but will likely be dropped in
- TOC reading with lsdvd and DVD-image mode still accessed
the physical DVD device instead of the DVD-image directory.
Thanks for their reports to Triffid hunter and
<mykhal AT centrum.cz>.
- Disable multipass transcoding for ffmpeg/h264, since
transcode currently doesn't support this.
- lsdvd was used even if it was too old. Thanks for the report
to Garnet Ulrich <garnet.ulrich AT gmx.net> and
Sören Brunk <soerenbrunk AT gmx.de>.
- Preferences: base project dir need to be absolute, which is
checked now in the dialog.
- Preferences: changed default video codec from 'divx4'
to 'xvid4' (this was overdue... ;)
- Consistent button behaviour: all buttons triggering
actions now grey out if a task is active.
- Some smaller bugfixes in the cluster mode GUI, inconsistencies
between GUI and the master's state.
- Clip & Zoom image windows: recalculate images only if the
user changed something.
- Subtitles: "Create VOBSUB now" just works on the currently
selected subtitle. No need to mark it for vobsub creation
- Fixed wrong frame counting during ripping, which resulted in
too big frame numbers and thus incorrect bitrate calculation.
Thanks to Christian Marillat for reporting this one.
- Audio channel numbers on the GUI now start at 1, not at 0,
which is more convenient.
- Fixed regression: don't ask for project file save on exit
if just the selected notebook page changed.
- And a lot of more smaller bugs not counted here...
0.97.6 - [unstable branch] - Tue Jan 3 2005, joern
- Fixed off by one bugs in viewing angle and chapter
selection. Thanks for the report to Chandler Carruth
<chandlerc AT gmail.com>.
- Deactivate multipass GUI elements for MPEG encodings.
- Fixed cluster mode 'dvdrip-exec' bug introduced in 0.97.5.
Thanks for the report to Karl Kashofer <karl AT kashofer.org>.
0.97.5 - [unstable branch] - Wed Dec 28 2005, joern
- This version requires Gtk2::Ex::FormFactory 0.59.
- Set default lame/MP3 quality level to 2 instead of 0,
which is very slow but without an appropriate quality
gain. Thanks for the hint to Fridtjof Busse.
- When ripping a title again the Clip & Zoom was reset
to 'auto_medium_fast' even if it was changed in the
- When ripping multiple titles preview images were generated
only for the first selected title. Thanks for the report
to Fridtjof Busse.
- MANIFEST lacked files for dvdrip-tet. Thanks for the
report to Jacob Joseph <jmjoseph AT andrew.cmu.edu>.
- dvdrip-tet: fixed a typo in "exit afterwards" function.
Thanks for the report to Fridtjof Busse (again ;)
- Store LD_ASSUME_KERNEL in tool_version_cache file and
discard cache if LD_ASSUME_KERNEL changed in the meantime;
fixes nptl_workaround deadlock problem on Gentoo. Thanks
to Triffid Hunter for the detailed report.
- Workaround Locale::TextDomain utf-8 bug, which destroyed
8 bit characters in the GUI if an utf-8 locale was in effect.
- Since 0.97.4 all subprocesses were executed with nice
level 19, the GUI setting was ignored. Thanks for the report
to Alex <gaaf AT gmx.net>,
0.97.4 - [unstable branch] - Sun Oct 30 2005, joern
- Various critical cluster mode fixes (in particular some
endless loop conditions)
- Subtitle preview didn't work due to conflicts with
latest internal API changes.
- dvd::rip rejected negative vertical subtitle offsets,
which are absolutely valid. Thanks for the report to
elerran <elerran AT freemail.gr>.
- Fixed bug with wrong audio track assignment with
old tcprobe based TOC reading (new lsdvd mode was not
affected). Thanks for the report to Markus Frisch
<markus AT frisch.com>
- Volume scanning progress bar didn't work; scanned value
didn't appear in GUI. Thanks for the report to
- dvdrip-tet crashed if a confirmation request should
pop up. For know dvdrip-tet just assumes "Yes" to
the question and continues.
0.97.3 - [unstable branch] - Sun Oct 9 2005, joern
- This version requires Gtk2::Ex::FormFactory 0.58.
- New optional dependency: with lsdvd dvd::rip reads
DVD TOC much faster.
- Source directory layout changed slightly. All scripts
and binaries moved into the bin/ subdirectory. All
additional program files now have a "dvdrip-" prefix,
the old "dr_" prefix for some binaries was dropped.
- Subtitle preview images may be grabbed while ripping
which makes finding the correct subtitles much easier
since no long-winded preview grabbing has to be done
later. You can chosse to rip no subs, all of them or
by language. Aware: your CPU will glow a bit more while
ripping if you use this feature ;)
- dvd::rip now has a command line frontend for pure
transcoding without any GUI: dvdrip-tet (task execution
terminal). Just execute "dvdrip-tet" to get some help
about the the command line options.
- With dvdrip-replex an experimental command line
application is shipped which does DVD shrinking based
on a ripped DVD and the corresponding dvd::rip project
file. Just a prove-of-concept. The functionality will
be added to the GUI sometimes...
- Added a simple 'configure' script to fulfill GNU Source
Installer requirements. Thanks for the suggestion to
Claudio Fontana <sick_soul AT yahoo.it>.
- Ported "force slow frame grabbing" feature from 0.52 to
- Preferences dialog now has a "Cancel" button.
- Added an "dvd::rip" entry to the dependency table which
checks whether all dvd::rip command files are found
in the PATH.
- Cluster control web service was broken.
- Applied a patch from Ulrich Spoerlein <q AT galgenberg.net>
removing the -ping option from the ImageMagick "identify"
calls, since recent ImageMagick versions don't have this
- Applied minor patches from Ulrich Spoerlein to improve
- Parsing output of the ImageMagick identify command was
broken with specific filenames. Thanks for the report
to Colin Wheat <cwheat AT ami.com.au>.
- Dropped "identify -ping" option, since not any longer
supported with newer versions. Thanks for the report
to Avinash Chopde <avinash AT acm.org>.
- X(S)VCD processing with manual bitrate setting didn't
work. Thanks for the report to Ed Doolittle <ed.doolittle
- dvd::rip dependency check was broken if tools didn't run
due to NPTL issues. Switching NPTL workaround on/off
didn't help anymore because the results were cached even
on that case. Thanks for figuring that out to
Joe Zbiciak <intvnut AT gmail.com>.
- Sightly cluster mode node editor GUI improvements
0.97.2 - [unstable branch] - Mon Aug 1 2005, joern
- You need at least Gtk2::Ex::FormFactory 0.57. Download from
here because it may not reached all CPAN sites yet:
- Ported cluster mode GUI to Gtk2, including a slightly internal
code redesign of dvdrip-master, which introduces another Perl
module dependency: Event::RPC 0.84. Download the module from
CPAN or from the project's homepage:
I think I fixed a bunch of smaller bugs in the cluster
mode during the code review and redesign as well... ;)
- New button "Create project" on Storage page. So we have
a definitive point when the project was created, after
that the name may not change again and the data directory
structure, logfile etc. is created.
- Preferences: changing DVD mount point and setting a directory
as the DVD device didn't work. Thanks for the report to
- When creating a new project: changing the project name
was impossible once the name matched an existing project
name in the dvd::rip data directory.
- Delete volume rescale when a audio filter is set.
- Fixed wrong viewing angle mplayer DVD command preset.
Thanks for the report to Brian J. Murrell <brian AT
- Missed log file creation for new projects.
- Subtitle preview window was broken
- Bitrate calculation stuff wasn't initialized correctly
if a default BBP was set in the Preferences
0.97.1 - [unstable branch] - Sat Jul 23 2005, joern
- Extensive GUI redesign. dvd::rip now uses Gtk2 and
Gtk2::Ex::FormFactory, so we have new dependencies
The Perl Gtk2 binding should be part of every modern
Linux distribution, e.g. Debian has a libgtk2-perl package.
Otherwise grab it from CPAN (see URL below). I personally
use version 1.082, but lower versions may work as well.
Gtk2::Ex::FormFactory is rather new and not yet packaged
for any Linux distro, at least I'm not aware of. Installation
is straight forward (perl Makefile.PL && make test && make install).
Version 0.56 is required.
You can grab both Gtk2 and Gtk2::Ex::FormFactory from here:
- A bunch of smaller features / changes, in particular making
the GUI more comfortable. Too many to list them all, just
poke around to find them ;)
- This is an ALPHA release, so please use with care, but *please*
use it and report any bugs to the dvdrip-users list.
- The project file format didn't change significantly. Files
from older dvd::rip versions will just work. Even opening
files created with 0.97.1 should work in older versions.
As usual you should make backups nevertheless.
- The redesign is not yet fully completed. The cluster,
transcode filter & preview and burning stuff is currently missing.
Cluster stuff will be added soon, filter stuff a bit later
and burning stuff probably never: depends on user feedback ;)
- Only the German translation is complete, other languages
- The online web documentation still covers the old Gtk1
based version. This will change with the 0.98 stable release
based on this 0.97 branch. Since the main functionality didn't
change much this should be no problem at all.