[ 0.98 ]|
[ 0.97 ]
[ 0.52 ]
[ 0.51 ]
[ 0.50 ]
[ 0.49 ]
[ 0.48 ]
[ 0.47 ]
[ 0.46 ]
[ 0.45 ]
[ 0.44 ]
[ 0.43 ]
[ 0.42 ]
[ 0.41 ]
[ 0.40 ]
[ 0.39 ]
[ 0.38 ]
[ 0.37 ]
[ 0.36 ]
[ 0.35 ]
[ 0.34 ]
[ 0.33 ]
[ 0.32 ]
[ 0.31 ]
[ 0.30 ]
[ 0.29 ]
[ 0.28 ]
[ 0.27 ]
[ 0.26 ]
[ 0.25 ]
[ 0.24 ]
[ 0.23 ]
[ 0.22 ]
[ 0.21 ]
[ 0.20 ]
0.52.7 - [stable branch] - Sat Mar 18 2006, joern
- Added a workaround for strange transcode bug with VOB
- Backported NPTL-Workaround-Tool-Version-Caching bugfix
into stable branch.
- NPTL Workaround now disabled by default, because it's
in general not necessary anymore with newer transcode
releases and makes problems on some platforms.
- VCD bitrate calculation wasn't accurate, multiplex
reserve wasn't considered.
- Adjusted transcode frame count regex to cover new output
format of transcode 1.1.x as well.
- Applied a patch from Ulrich Spoerlein <q AT galgenberg.net>
removing the -ping option from the ImageMagick "identify"
calls, since recent ImageMagick versions don't have this
- Applied minor patches from Ulrich Spoerlein to improve
0.52.6 - [stable branch] - Sat Jul 23 2005, joern
- Using transcode newer than version 0.6.14 is *not*
recommended. At least subtitling is broken for
these versions, and it seems there are still
several NPTL related issues making problems.
- Added LD_ASSUME_KERNEL version number entry to the
Preferences dialog extending the NPTL workaround
feature introduced in 0.52.4. Initially set to
version 2.4.30, since this number seems to be more
appropriate, while the prior 2.2.5 made problems
at least on Gentoo. Thanks for figuring that out to
<robert AT firehead.org>.
- Added a "Force slow grabbing" checkbox to the Clip&Zoom
page to workaround fast nav seeking problems with
some DVD's. Suggested by Ivan Villanueva.
- Updated italian translation by Fabio Russo.
- Cluster mode: client/server communication didn't work
if the corresponding machines had different endianess
(e.g. i686 vs. amd64). Thanks for the report to
Benjamin Van Laere <B.VanLaere AT unpeu.com>.
- Cluster mode: ogg/vorbis projects didn't work since
0.52.5. Thanks for the reports to Sören Brunk
<soerenbrunk AT gmx.de>, Alexander Skwar <listen AT
alexander.skwar.name> and Knic Knic <oneeyedelf1 AT
- Deferred vobsub creation didn't work if dvd::rip was
configured to exit after transcoding. Thanks to
Ivan Villanueva <dvdrip AT artificialidea.com> for
0.52.5 - [stable branch] - Mon May 16 2005, joern
- Updated italian translation from Fabio Russo, which was
*one* minute too late for the 0.52.4 release ;)
- Cluster mode: merging PSU chunks for a OGG/Vorbis title
failed due to a dumb typo.
0.52.4 - [stable branch] - Mon May 16 2005, joern
- Full featured support for BPP (bits per pixel) resp.
quality based video bitrate calculation (based on a
request by Daniel Faber <mail AT daniel-faber.de>):
- Permanent display of the bpp value on the transcode
tab in a combo box
- BPP value may be edited, video bitrate is recalculated
accordingly, a list of reasonable preset values is
available for convenience. BPP and bitrate follow
changes of the frame size immediately.
- A new preset "Default BPP" (in the misc section) is used
by default for newly ripped titles once set.
- Bitrate calculation sheet now shows different calculations
depending on whether a manual bitrate was set or not.
Suggested by Daniel Faber.
- Subtitle preview improved; old tedious test transcoding
dropped, instead you can open a realtime transcode preview
window straight from the Subtitle tab without opening
the transcode Filter dialog first. Movie starts with a
leadtime of 15 seconds before the first subtitle timestamp.
- Keyframe interval can be edited on the transcode page.
transcode defaults internally to 250, now you can change
this (dvd::rip defaults to 50).
- Added a patch from Larry Siden <lsiden AT gmail.com>
which makes dvd::rip compatible with dvdrecord. Just
select "dvdrecord" as the CD burning command (a
correspondent preset was added) and dvd::rip will
generate a proper command line for dvdrecord.
- Added DVD device placeholder %d to the DVD player command
template and extended the xine and mplayer default commands
accordingly. This is necessary if DVD devices located at a
different path as the /dev/dvd default.
- dvd::rip now workarounds transcode NPTL bugs by setting
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL. If you encounter problems with this
you can switch this off in the Preferences / Misc section.
- Cluster mode
- Execute jobs with umask 0002. This helps solving
permission problems, if commands are executed by
different users on the nodes. With this umask the
correponding users merely need to be in the same group.
Based on a request from Triffid Hunter <triffid_hunter
- Don't log fping command. It's useless and too noisy.
- Set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL on the nodes as well if set on
- mplayer CVS versions are now recognized properly. A
CVS version always satisfies the dependency module,
assuming people using CVS versions know what they're
doing ;) Thanks for reports and hints to Philippe Monroux
<monroux-listes AT wanadoo.fr>, Christian Marillat and
- xvid4conf didn't read the defauls properly from
~/.transcode/xvid4.cfg, looks like ~ isn't substituted,
although this is xvid4conf's own default. Now dvd::rip
passes the full path.
- Filters didn't work since 0.52.3. Thanks for the report
to Christian Marillat.
- Combo box tooltips didn't appear in the Preferences
- OGG overhead wasn't calculated correctly if a frame
range was set. Thanks for the report to Daniel Faber.
- Filter preview window: fixed a race condition when
starting transcode; now wait max. 10 seconds on transcode
startup using a Glib timer. Thanks for the bug report
to Mathias Anselmann <M.Anselmann AT web.de>.
- Cluster mode: when merging video chunks of a PSU in an
OGG/Vorbis project the progress information was missing.
0.52.3 - [stable branch] - Sun Mar 13 2005, joern
- Updated french translation from Christophe Combelles
<ccomb AT free.fr>
- Skip 1st pass (if "reuse log" is checked) even if
Ogg/Vorbis vbr audio is enabled.
- PCM passthrough didn't work.
- Newer transcode release seem not to need -d for
PCM audio tracks anymore, so it's used only with
versions < 0.6.13.
- Mistaken switch to RGB color space if audio only
filters are added to the filter chain. Reported
by Dag Rune Sneeggen <contactus AT dudcore.net>.
- Applied a patch from Fabio Russo fixing a potential
problem with mplayer playback of DVD titles with
an audio codec reported by transcode as 'mpeg1',
although neither Fabio nor I ever had such a DVD
in the hand ;)
- Removed POSIX::setlocale(), since it's not necessary
and probably the reason for a crash on Mandrake.
0.52.2 - [stable branch] - Sun Jan 9 2005, joern
- Missed adding Italian and Serbin translation files to
the distribution tarball.
0.52.1 - [stable branch] - Sun Jan 9 2005, joern
- Italian translation added by Fabio Russo and Costantino.
0.52.0 - [stable branch] - Tue Jan 4 2005, joern
- This is just a stable release of 0.51.4. Only change
is that the suggested transcode minimum version is 0.6.14.
- For changes since the last stable release 0.50.18 please
refer to the change log entries of the 0.51 branch.