[ 0.98 ]|
[ 0.97 ]
[ 0.52 ]
[ 0.51 ]
[ 0.50 ]
[ 0.49 ]
[ 0.48 ]
[ 0.47 ]
[ 0.46 ]
[ 0.45 ]
[ 0.44 ]
[ 0.43 ]
[ 0.42 ]
[ 0.41 ]
[ 0.40 ]
[ 0.39 ]
[ 0.38 ]
[ 0.37 ]
[ 0.36 ]
[ 0.35 ]
[ 0.34 ]
[ 0.33 ]
[ 0.32 ]
[ 0.31 ]
[ 0.30 ]
[ 0.29 ]
[ 0.28 ]
[ 0.27 ]
[ 0.26 ]
[ 0.25 ]
[ 0.24 ]
[ 0.23 ]
[ 0.22 ]
[ 0.21 ]
[ 0.20 ]
0.49.1 - [unstable branch] - Fri 27 Dec 2002, joern
- File format changed and isn't backward compatible. Old project
files are autoconverted, but older dvd::rip versions can't open
files saved with this version.
- All changes from 0.48.0 - 0.48.6 are included in this release
(refer to the corresponding Changes entries for details)
- Cluster mode: fixed missing progress information for merge
jobs. Thanks for the fix to Fabio Russo.
- Applied a patch from Stefan Gmeiner <riddlebox AT freesurf.ch>,
which adds the ability of estimating the image size before
burning on the fly, which is needed for some drives (e.g.
- Partially applied a patch from Petros Stavrakakis
<petros AT stavrakakis.de> which brings more detailed options
for cdrdao, in particular you can select the cdrdao-driver
- On the transcode tab a new setting "Container format" was added,
currently with three options: AVI, OGG, (S)VCD. This way you
explicitely decide a container format first, the GUI follows
this decision and enables/disables all other options accordingly.
If actual settings can't be done with a selected container
these will be set to reasonably defaults, with correspondent
messages in the log.
- mp3/ac3 audio codecs now supported also for OGG container. You
need at least ogmtools v0.960 (I tested with v0.970).
- Preliminary support for vorbis quality based encoding. Future
versions will determine real audio size after encoding the
1st pass (when using 2pass transcoding) and will adjust
video bitrate accordingly for the 2nd pass.
- Option to change the audio samplerate (be careful with odd
values here, transcode resp. lame bails out for ununsal
samplerates - 48000, 44100 and 24000 always worked for me).
Requested long time ago by Certron DiSoni.
- A new window "Bitrate calculation details" shows all steps of
the video bitrate calculation, so you can see exactly what
happens here. The window can stay open all the time. Its
calculation sheet follows your settings immediately.
- Bitrate calculation now considers selected chapters correctly.
- A new checkbox "manual video bitrate" let you decide explicetly,
if you want dvd::rip to calculate the video bitrate for you,
or not. By default, it's disabled and the video bitrate entry
not sensible. If you enable the "manual" checkbox, dvd::rip
doesn't touch your setting, even if you change the target size,
disc count popup etc.
- Adjusted CD size presets to standard values: 650,703,800,870
(which are 74, 80, 90, 99 minute CD-R with 2048 bytes sector
size. 2324 byte sector size for VCD is now considered, see
below). Thanks to Julio Sánchez <j.sanchezf AT terra.es>.
- (S)VCD sector sizes are considered for SVCD video bitrate
calculation, so you can select a CD size from the popup and
need not to fiddle with SVCD space on your own. This maybe
somewhat confusing on the one hand (because the resulting size is
magically bigger than your setting), but on the other hand
the CD-ROM disc sizes are well-known. And you still can enter
arbitrary MB values by hand, so I decided to leave the MB based
size definition (beside a CD-R duration / minute based one).
Thanks to Julio Sánchez who enlighted several details of the
(S)VCD specification, which were new to me.
- Some further SVCD improvements, e.g. min-gop-size and max-gop-size
values depending on PAL/NTSC are set. Thanks a lot for the
(S)VCD help to Tom Vijlbrief <tom.vijlbrief AT ision.nl>
- AVI/OGG/MPEG container overhead is now considered for video
bitrate calculation. Thanks to Markus Liebl for some tests
and hints regarding measuring the overhead values, and Moritz
Bunkus for information about OGG overhead.
- Dropped the "YUV internally" setting from the GUI, it's always